Martin Luther Homes is expanding its Activities Team.
We are recruiting Lifestyle Assistants who will work across our Boronia facility and become part of a fun and supportive team that is an integral part of our not-for profit organisation.
The ideal candidates will need to be people persons who are creative team players and who enjoy spending some quality time with our elderly residents.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Run daily activities, including cultural events and physical exercise classes
- Have a creative input towards our activities
- Liaise with friends and families as well as other staff members and volunteers
- Assist the Activities Coordinator with additional tasks and projects
Experience and Qualifications:
- Relevant Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Leisure and/or Lifestyle tertiary qualifications or Diversional Therapy
- Experience in infection control
- Experience in working with older people
- Familiarity with aged care policies & procedures
- Computer skills in regard to assessment and documentation processes
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety standards
- Cultural awareness (experience with German-speaking migrants highly regarded)
- Working for the Aged Care Provider of the Year 2018 and 2021 (VIC)
- Working in a brand-new facility that you can make your own
- Friendly team environment
- Flexible part-time role
- Salary equivalent to level of experience and qualifications
Please address your cover letter and resume to Francesca Cheon, Facility Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further questions, please call (03) 9760 2100.